The Delaware Democratic Party is seeking enthusiastic, ambitious, and responsible interns. This program provides interns with an opportunity to learn internal party operations, including campaign strategy and research, constituent relations, event planning, candidate support, data management, and message development. Interns would work out of State Party Headquarters alongside party staff and would have a chance to meet and work with party leaders, public officials, and candidates.
- Administrative Support - Interns will assist State Party Staff in the day-to-day operations of State Party Headquarters.
- Technology/Data Support - Interns are asked to assist in maintaining State Party databases and other digital resources.
- Policy/Campaign Research - Interns may be tasked with researching potential policies and campaign strategies.
- Fundraising - Interns may be tasked with assisting with the State Party’s fundraising efforts.
- Public Relations - Interns would be a part of the State Party’s outward facing image, greeting building visitors, fielding constituent phone calls, and engaging voters and candidates.
Interns can either work in-person, remotely, or a hybrid of the two. If in-person, the internship will primarily run out of the State Party Headquarters in New Castle during normal business hours — with the exception of some night and weekend commitments. Internships are unpaid but may be taken for college credit, depending on the number of hours worked. Students may set up a flexible but regular schedule to accommodate classes and other commitments.
Priority will be given to candidates who:
- Majoring in Political Science, Public Policy, Communications, Data Science or Marketing; however, all majors will be given consideration.
- Possess a great deal of interest in the political process and public service, particularly in Delaware.
- Are students in the Junior or Senior year of their studies.
To apply, please send a resume and short cover letter to:
The Delaware Democratic Party
P.O. Box 2065
Wilmington, DE 19899
In your cover letter, please elaborate on why you are interested in interning with the Delaware Democratic Party, any particular area(s) you would like to focus on, and highlight any special skill(s) you have that may help you during the internship.
The Delaware Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Candidates who are fluent in Spanish are highly encouraged to apply. A diverse staff is at the core of our party’s values, and something we believe necessary for success.