Delaware Democratic Party
The Delaware Democratic Party is seeking an experienced campaign professional to serve as its Political/Communications Director. This role would focus on strengthening Delaware’s Democratic alliances through outreach, strategic communication, and training across various communities and constituency groups. This position is based out of New Castle, Delaware but most duties can be fulfilled remotely due to the COVID 19 pandemic. The Political/Communications Director would work closely with the Executive Director and Chair to meet State Party goals and objectives.
Primary responsibilities would include:
- Working with the Executive Director and Chair to develop and implement Party messaging themes.
- Providing support to 41 Rep. District Democratic committees and County/Subdivision leadership during the 2021 Party Reorganization process.
- Composing outbound State Party Communications including emails, statements, talking points and press releases.
- Managing State Party social media channels, with a focus on local engagement.
- Assist in onboarding incoming Democratic committee members and preparing committee chairs to take leadership roles in their community.
- Working with Executive Director to develop training materials for Democratic committee members and activists to help instill best practices
- Cultivating working relationships with members of local media
- Helping build a healthy internal party infrastructure in off-election years
- Working with party stakeholders to develop programs that will ensure Democratic success in election years
Ideal candidates should have:
- A minimum of two cycles of campaign experience
- Thorough knowledge of campaign or political organizing best practices
- Experience working on small teams
Please submit an email with the subject line “Political Director” with your resume, cover letter, and two professional references to Travis Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 25.
The Delaware Democratic Party is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law.