Coordinated Campaign Field Organizer
The Delaware Democratic Party is seeking Field Organizers who will serve as the foundation for building a large volunteer organization and operation of massive direct voter contact in Delaware for 2022. Field organizers are vital to the success of our voter contact efforts and will be responsible for the day-to-day management of voter outreach, including but not limited to; volunteer recruitment, creating turfs and call sheets, organizing events, launching canvasses, coordinating with candidates up and down the ballot, and training volunteers. The 2022 Coordinated Campaign is building a large grassroots effort to win targeted races for Democrats across the state. This is a full-time position requiring a commitment through November 15, 2022.
- Identify, recruit, and train groups of volunteers to build a volunteer base to strengthen the campaign's organization throughout the state and meet the goals outlined by the organizing program
- Identify, recruit, and train groups of volunteers to conduct voter contact, registration, and more
- Ensure the successful training and inclusion of all volunteers through the various phases of the campaign.
- Provide volunteers with the positive leadership, culture, resources, and guidance required to succeed during each phase of the campaign
- Ensure the accurate and reliable entry of data throughout the campaign
- Provide the Field Director with quantitative and qualitative reports as part of an ongoing evaluation of the program's success
- Perform other duties as needed
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well with a team
- Prior organizing experience preferred (paid, volunteer, or internship)
- Knowledge of Google Suite, basic computer literacy, and access to a reliable laptop. Votebuilder/VAN proficiency is also strongly preferred but not required
- Ability to work long, irregular hours and weekends in a fast-paced, metrics-driven work environment
- Ability to work independently and
- A valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and the ability to relocate across the state as needed.
- Full availability for the last two weeks before an Election is required.
- Salary: $4,000 a month
- Benefits: Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance.
How to apply
To apply, please email email@example.com with “DELDEMS Field Organizer” in the subject line along with your cover letter, resume, and two professional references.
The Delaware Democratic Party is seeking a Communications Director to manage the overall messaging strategy, maintain and grow connections and relationships with the state and local press, and work alongside Democratic candidates and allies to communicate Democratic priorities and values while also holding Republicans accountable. The Communications Director will also be expected to contribute to staff-wide projects including fundraisers, large events, elections, and other DelDems gatherings.
The Communications Director will work closely with the Executive Director, Chair, and Party Leadership to set strategic goals and raise the profile of the Delaware Democratic Party and our candidates. This position is based out of New Castle, Delaware however most duties can be fulfilled remotely due to the COVID 19 pandemic.
- Developing and implementing overarching communications strategy, plans and messages for the State Party;
- Drafting outbound State Party Communications including emails, statements, op-eds, talking points, and press releases;
- Managing State Party social media channels, with a focus on local engagement;
- Cultivating working relationships with members of local media;
- Providing support to district and subdivision committees on local communications initiatives;
- Monitoring and tracking local and national press for relevant stories and developments;
- Coordinating with Statewide, Federal, and state legislative communications teams to maximize press opportunities;
- Assisting Executive Director in crafting outbound fundraising messaging and;
- Working in tandem with other party staff on office-wide projects including fundraisers, large events, elections, and other DelDems gatherings
Ideal candidates should have:
- A minimum of two cycles of campaign or press experience;
- Excellent people, written and verbal communications skills;
- Strong time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities simultaneously;
- Proficient in Google docs, Facebook, Twitter, and other social media tools
- Experience working on small teams and;
- A strong commitment to Democratic values.
- To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with "Communications Director" in the title along with your cover letter, resume, and two professional references.
The Delaware Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Candidates who are fluent in Spanish are highly encouraged to apply. A diverse staff is at the core of our party’s values, and something we believe necessary for success.