Delaware Democrats are ensuring integrity in our election processes and making it easier for every Delawarean to exercise their right to vote.
Thanks to the work that Delaware Democrats have done to expand and protect voting rights, our state's ballot box is more accessible than ever! Delaware voters can cast their vote in whatever way is most convenient for their lifestyle and busy schedule. Whether they're voting by absentee, casting their ballot during our first ever in-person early vote period, or voting on Election Day, Delawareans can vote in this year's General Election (November 8, 2022) on their own terms.
Vote on Election Day
In Delaware, polls open at 7:00 am and close at 8:00 pm.
Election Day for the General Election is Tuesday, November 8.
Please be aware that due to the 2020 census and redistricting many polling locations have changed. To verify your assigned polling location and make your plan to vote visit ivote.de.gov.
Voter Protection Hotline: 1 (833) DEL-DEMS
Every election the Delaware Democratic Party operates a Voter Protection Hotline, 1 (833) DEL-DEMS.
Delaware voters should call the hotline to
- Get information about their polling place and how to vote on Election Day
- Learn more about Early Voter
- Request a ride to the polls
- Report problems at their polling location
To participate in Delaware elections citizens must be registered to vote. To register to vote in Delaware citizens must
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be 18 years old on or before Election Day
- Be a resident of Delaware
- Not be adjudicated mentally incompetent
- not be currently completing a sentence for a felony (including the period of imprisonment, probation, parole, work release, early release, supervised custody, and community supervision)
- Not be convicted of a disqualifying felony
The Deadline to register to vote in the General Election is October 15, 2022.
In-person Early Voting
For the first time ever Delawareans will have the option to Early Vote in this election cycle. Beginning 10 days before Election Day Delaware voters can cast their vote at any Early Vote Center in their county!
2022 General Election Early Vote Hours
- Fri, Oct 28, 2022 - 11:00am to 7:00pm
- Sat, Oct 29, 2022 - 11:00am to 7:00pm
- Sun, Oct 30, 2022 - 11:00am to 7:00pm
- Mon, Oct 31, 2022 - 11:00am to 7:00pm
- Tue, Nov 1, 2022 - 11:00am to 7:00pm
- Wed, Nov 2, 2022 - 7:00am to 7:00pm
- Thu, Nov 3, 2022 - 7:00am to 7:00pm
- Fri, Nov 4, 2022 - 7:00am to 7:00pm
- Sat, Nov 5, 2022 - 7:00am to 7:00pm
- Sun, Nov 6, 2022 - 7:00am to 7:00pm
2022 General Election Early Voting Locations
Delawareans may vote at any early voting location in the county they reside in.
- Frederica Senior Center: 216 Market St, Frederica, DE 19946
- Houston Fire Company: 143 Broad St, Houston DE 19954
- Dept of Elections-Kent County Office: 100 Enterprise Place Suite 5, Dover DE 19904
- Crossroad Christian Church: 4867 N. Dupont Hwy, Dover DE 19901
New Castle County
- Gunning Bedford Middle School: 801 Cox Neck Rd, New Castle DE 19720
- Claymont Community Center: 3301 Green St, Claymont DE 19703
- Dept of Elections-Warehouse (New Castle): 220 Lisa Dr, New Castle DE 19720
- Hudson State Service Center: 501 Ogletown Rd, Newark DE 19711
- Shipyard Shops: 912 Justison St, Wilmington DE 19801
- Millville Community Center: 32517 Dukes Drive, Millville DE 19967
- Lewes Fire Department Station #2: 32198 Janice Rd, Lewes DE 19958
- Laurel Fire Hall: 205 W. 10th St, Laurel DE 19956
- Dept of Elections-Warehouse (Georgetown): 542 South Bedford St, Georgetown DE 19947
- Dept of Elections-Warehouse (Seaford): 200 Allen St, Seaford DE 19973
Vote By Mail
Voting by mail is no longer permitted in Delaware Elections. On October 14, 2022, the Delaware Supreme Court struck down the statute that authorized voting by mail in Delaware elections. This was due to the Delaware Republican Party challenging the law. Only Delawareans with a valid excuse can request and be mailed ABSENTEE ballots.
Delawareans who have already requested a Vote by Mail ballot will NOT be mailed their ballot and should make other arrangements for casting their vote.