Civil Rights and Diversity
The Delaware Democratic Party is proud of its long-standing support of equal rights, securing individual freedoms and protecting against discrimination. Civil rights are fundamental to the Delaware Democratic Party. The Delaware Democratic Party supports:
- Equal rights for all, regardless of age, race, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability or economic background,
- The principle that no one should be discriminated against based on any of the above criteria in employment, insurance, health care, housing, public accommodation, education or any other area,
- Enhanced punishment for criminals convicted of crimes motivated by hate and discrimination,
- Legislation that provides equal opportunity and rights for all,
- Striving toward a diverse workforce, and
- Relationship recognition regardless of sexual orientation.